“71% of marketers agree it has become more difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of digital media investment in recent years.”
We surveyed almost 5,000 marketers responsible for digital media spend across 16 key global markets and unearthed some real insight into how our industry thinks about digital media success measurement and its priorities over the next 12-24 months.
What these findings make clear is that, while marketers are comfortable using the straightforward metrics they have today, they hunger for new ways to measure their efforts to understand the real effect their media placements have on their business. This helps to explain why an overwhelming majority of marketers are aware of and expect to increase their investment in ‘outcome-driven media’ in the coming years.
The results show significant variation across territories, industries, and level of digital media investment, but also suggest that marketers across the globe are united in their desire to constantly improve how they understand and demonstrate the value of their efforts. They also suggest that those partners willing to invest talent, data, and technology into delivering the outcomes that brands truly value will gain significant advantage.
— Nicolas Bidon, Global CEO, Xaxis
In this report you will learn:
- The most commonly-used metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of digital advertising investment
- Marketers’ top media investment priorities for the next 12-24 months
- Marketers’ most significant barriers to changing the metrics they use to measure the success of digital media campaigns
- The proportion of marketers that intend to invest in outcome-driven media in the next 12-24 months
- The proportion of marketers that use custom KPIs to measure success, and how easy they find it to link custom KPIs to real business results
- Variations in these findings across market, industry, and level of digital media investment
- And much more