Senior Data Scientist - Copilot
Xaxis is The Outcome Media Company. It combines advanced artificial intelligence with proprietary data and proven expertise to optimize programmatic media investments and achieve verifiable results for its clients. We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the team developing Copilot, our cutting-edge platform for optimization of real-time bidding (RTB) campaigns. It’s acting on patterns and signals in huge volumes of data using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
At Copilot Data Science team we maintain a strong focus on developing innovative solutions for real-world problems. We utilize latest academic and industry research in ML and AI, as well as cutting-edge big data technologies. Our projects frequently require first hand research, building production-ready models using large volumes of data, and constant collaboration with engineering and product teams. We have a successful track record publishing papers based on innovative solutions developed by the team.
A successful candidate will
- Research, prototype and develop statistical and ML models
- Use data to gain insight, understand underlying patterns, and solve
- Be independent in managing multi-stage tasks, from research and
- prototyping to production-ready code
- Be able to tackle new challenges and seek innovative solutions to complex
- problems and propose innovative solutions rooted in DS and ML
- Be part of a team of researchers, thinkers and innovators. Be enthusiastic
- about expanding your horizons and learning new things
- Be a team player. Open to collaborate with other team members, as well as
- the wider Copilot team, including Product and Engineering
- Be an active participant in development and deployment of high-quality
- software systems
- Contribute to a collective learning process by educating the wider team
- about new ideas. Ready to explain technical concepts to non-technical
- Be knowledgeable and curious about the research landscape in industry
- and academia. Know what it is that you don’t know
- Participate in publicizing team innovations: papers, blogs, conferences, patents, etc
- PhD or MS degree in quantitative fields: statistics, computer science, physics, or similar fields, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with experience of independent research. Peer-reviewed published papers a plus.
- Good programming skills in python. Experience of work with ML packages (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, …)
- Theoretical knowledge of machine learning: supervised learning, unsupervised learning, clustering. Experience of model development in Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning a plus.
- Experience in implementing machine learning models to solve practical problems based on real-world data.
- Knowledge and experience of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop).
- Experience of work with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, ...)
- Good skills in in data manipulation and visualization
Copilot is a Xaxis (pronounced zaxis) built, AI-powered optimization platform that enables media traders to deploy complex buying strategies and deliver better outcomes for our clients.
Our mission is to be the engine behind better advertising for everyone. We build flexible AI solutions to couple human strategy with machine intelligence. On the Copilot team we strive for daily improvement, have strong opinions loosely held, and value originality in mistakes. We take risks and work on cutting edge solutions but are always focused on people first. The Copilot team is dedicated to building responsible technology that disrupts the media industry for the better- and we like to have some fun in the process.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.Apply Now