Associate Director, Account Services
As an Associate Director within the Account Services team, you will play a pivotal role in developing programmatic strategies to deliver on Xaxis’ clients’ business goals, while identifying and engaging growth opportunities. Your objective will be to manage existing key relationships with both agencies and clients.
You will be providing expertise and guidance on complicated programmatic campaigns and managing existing business relationships in line with the execution of operational excellence and best practices.
As a thought leader and strategic thinker, helping to evangelize a programmatic first approach within GroupM, your advertiser clients and the digital media ecosystem. Meeting regularly with team leads and senior executives from our agencies and industry partners to discuss our unique approach, apply key insights to address client business challenges, and identify new opportunities for joint success. You will be approachable and authoritative, able to engage all levels of agency management with conviction and poise.
- Lead programmatic voice and strategist for client teams, integrating programmatic into the client’s media mix. Provide strategic input and advice in developing programmatic solutions to meet our agencies/clients’ marketing goals
- Work autonomously, but operate with in a cross-channel team, integrating across search, social, and ecommerce specialists
- Proactive ideator, bringing new and innovative ideas for driving client results
- Strong communicator, experienced and comfortable taking the lead in client meetings
- Provide education on programmatic capabilities and solutions
- Developing cross-channel programmatic media plans including audio, display, CTV, in-game, DOOH, etc.
- Understanding of retail media and emerging online grocery display opportunities
- Support new business teams with RFP, thought leadership, and pitch support
- DSP partner expertise and knowledge
- Meet regularly with all levels of agency partners to identify and qualify business opportunities, evaluate Xaxis service levels, and establish and monitor KPIs and performance metrics of Xaxis-run campaigns
- Identify new business opportunities with existing agency clients
- Evaluate and develop talent of the staff on your assigned agency teams to maintain the highest level of service and expertise in our business
- Act as a mentor to our experienced and senior-level staff and help develop their leadership skills
- 4+ years’ experience of building and leading an account management or client services function within an agency, network or ad tech company
- 6+ years’ experience in the digital marketing/advertising industry with a deep understanding of digital marketing goals and best practices
- Prior experience of managing a team of at least 2-3 people
- Proven knowledge of audience profiles and online ad targeting, agency dynamics, industry technology, campaign pricing models and metrics
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence operations and analytics’ best practice within the programmatic landscape
- Experience with one or more ad servers or trading platforms preferred (Doubleclick Bid Manager, Xandr, The Trade Desk, Sizmek, Amazon)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills for all levels from 101 sessions to executive level summaries
- Significant organizational skills and ability to balance numerous timelines
Mindshare (part of WPP) is an inclusive global company of 10,000 people, in 116 offices and 86 countries, with diverse opinions, cultures, and passions. Together, we drive Good Growth for our clients and the industry—growth that isn’t just a flash in the pan, but enduring, diversified, and more sustainable over time. We accelerate it for our clients by using media as a multiplier to drive sales and maximize marketing investments. We use Precisely Human Intelligence that combines data science and behavioral science to understand consumers and their motivations better and we act on that intelligence by planning media with intention to connect brands with consumers around their shared values. At the heart of what we believe in is Energy (the essential ingredient for creativity), Empathy (understanding people and pushing beyond the surface), and Impact (empowering our people and clients to change the world). Mindshare was named the #1 Global Media Agency Network by WARC for the third consecutive year, recognized for media excellence, creativity, and agency performance.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $75,000 to $180,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, please visit https://www.wpp.com/people/wellbeing/benefits-at-wpp-in-the-us for more details.