In this role as Project Manager, you will help to increase Copilot’s trajectory by being a key driver in improving process efficiencies, defining best practices, and playing a lead role in the top-down management of the full project lifecycle--from planning and resourcing to execution and close. You will oversee project management and be the scrum master that “keeps the trains running on time.”
A FEW DESCRIPTORS THAT FIT YOU:
- You strive for clarity in communication, distilling information to only what is relevant to illustrate an idea or a problem.
- You keep an open mind toward solutions and don’t treat your ideas as precious.
- You love to work on complex problems and build solutions that are simple for users.
- You obsess over details but know when to compromise to ship code and deliver value.
- You are detail-oriented and comfortable writing coherent and detailed technical specs.
- Can think on your feet and if you don’t know it, “you’ll figure it out.”
- Organize and facilitate project planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Ensure the engineering backlog is comprised of well-defined stories and tasks, with agreed upon and understood acceptance criteria.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition, as well as resource schedules.
- Continuously track progress, document and follow-up on issues, and facilitate communication to keep projects on-track.
- Communicate team metrics (velocity, cycle time, etc.) and release progress to product, team leads, and management.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks, roadblocks, dependencies, and other obstacles to release commitments.
- Coordinate dependencies on shared data science, analyst, design, and QA teams.
- Create and maintain process documentation and project management artifacts, along with on-boarding material.
- Plan and track for activities that be capitalized per finance guidelines.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to ensure resourcing aligns with timelines and goals.
- Establish and maintain JIRA workflows and field usage that streamlines all tasks above.
- Work with Product team to make sure JIRA backlog is properly maintained.
- Draft process and workflow documentation as it relates to project management.
- 3+ years of experience as Scrum Master or Project Manager in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong experience managing JIRA/Confluence, DevOps, or related software.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Process-oriented with a strong desire for efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ability to reconcile multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- PMP, Agile Scrum Master, or related certification preferred.
Copilot is a Xaxis (pronounced zaxis) built, AI-powered optimization platform that enables media traders to deploy complex buying strategies and deliver better outcomes for our clients.
Our mission is to be the engine behind better advertising for everyone. We build flexible AI solutions to couple human strategy with machine intelligence. On the Copilot team we strive for daily improvement, have strong opinions loosely held, and value originality in mistakes. We take risks and work on cutting edge solutions but are always focused on people first. The Copilot team is dedicated to building responsible technology that disrupts the media industry for the better- and we like to have some fun in the process.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.