Xaxis is The Outcome Media Company. We are programmatic pioneers who drive the industry forward. Xaxis is determined to revolutionise the industry, and this has led the company to achieve fast and sizeable expansion with 48 proactive markets across the globe. Xaxis has a distinctive culture within its parent company GroupM, influenced by the fact we invest in innovative proprietary technologies, often first incubated and developed at Xaxis and then adopted more broadly across GroupM. For more information, visit xaxis.com.
Do you have a passion for, and love to think creatively with data? Want to see your insights and solutions shaping the dynamic world of digital advertising? As our Analytics Director, you will play a lead role in Xaxis’ EMEA Marketing Science team. You will get the opportunity to:
- work with our top tier clients - we work with over 1,000 leading brands in EMEA – to provide advanced data solutions for their advertising
- work with our ‘big and fast’ internet datasets and the latest in machine learning technologies, & algorithms
- investigate and apply innovative analytic techniques to provide smart and efficient bespoke online advertising solutions for brands
- manage and lead a team of analysts to support both our clients and our programmatic operations teams with advanced analytics such as custom measurement, audience building, programmatic bidding, and advanced insights
- lead talent development and foster collaboration in advanced analytics learning across the region covering 20+ markets and 50+ analysts and data scientists, such as leading hackathons and training days.
You will provide solutions to provide data-led decisioning for our internal Xaxis operational and product teams, agency stakeholders and clients that will leverage the predictive power of data and ensure Xaxis’ digital advertising products provide the most effective and efficient outcomes for our clients.
You will have:
- a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, etc)
- experience with SQL
- demonstrable experience using Python or similar languages (e.g. R) to analyse, transform, and visualise big data
- comfortable working with APIs for retrieving data or utilizing for campaign activation with advertising platforms
- good knowledge of machine learning techniques, such as predictive modelling, regression, classification, clustering or reinforcement learning
- strong practical experience using major machine learning libraries, such as SciKit, Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, Caret
- comfortable working with cloud computing services (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services) for performing advanced analytics
- expert in online advertising and marketing measurement systems (e.g. DSP, SSP, Adserver, DMP, CDP, etc), and comfortable working with the datasets these different platforms utilise
- able to deliver analytics projects end-to-end: distilling business opportunities into analytics solutions; sourcing and preparing datasets for analyses; results interpretation (and presentation)
- a positive, can-do attitude with a thirst to continually learn new things
- an ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide range of teams (analytics, technology, client services, operations)
- experienced working with clients, consulting, partnering and providing high performing outcome focused analytics solutions
- experienced leading and managing Analysts and Senior Analysts
This role is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to get to work with leading digital media data to ‘push the boundaries’ of how Xaxis uses data to deliver predictive models and insight that shapes the advertising decisions of the leading brands we work with.
CORE XAXIS VALUES
- DE&I: Proactively develop diverse teams and implement and promote diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that reflect the diversity of Modern Britain. Serves as a role model for inclusion and holds teams to account for inclusive behaviours.
- Innovative: Recognise and celebrate innovation, instilling excitement in others about what can be accomplished by bravely going beyond. Challenge existing ways of working, bringing in external thinking to identify and implement solutions that have the potential to improve the work delivered by teams.
- Accountable: Role model accountable for results and empowers others to take ownership, investing high levels of energy to deliver critical initiatives and motivate teams. Display the determination, drive and ambition to drive multiple teams forward and achieve excellent results.
- Collaborative: Engages effectively with multiple teams and business leaders who are critical to success through formal and informal relationship-building opportunities. Role model and reward collaborative behaviours and commitment to business objectives across multiple teams.
- Focused: Role models and rewards commitment to getting the job done and establishes expectations for teams to focus and deliver on outputs. Sets clear priorities for multiple teams to deliver to internal and external stakeholders