Head of Engineering
The Head of Engineering leads the engineering team in the delivery of platform functionality and helps the team in achieving and surpassing departmental goals. They will provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resources and project management, for all site/software development activities.
The Head of Engineering plays a leadership role in the engineering department where he/she seeks excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, and data warehousing.
In this position, the Head of Engineering manages the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans. The Head of Engineering is also in charge of the management of the department’s staffing, resources, mentoring, and maintaining a best-in-class engineering department.
You take the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of realizing efficiency. You will ensure the optimal application of engineering resources to meet product development and consumer requirements and ensure the implementation of agile processes that support site/software development processes.
- You’re a grounded, empathetic and passionate technologist.
- Your enthusiasm for your work is contagious.
- You're a good partner to product and other company leaders
- Forecasting and realizing our growth needs through tripling our engineering team over the next year. Anticipating the obstacles that accompany scaling.
- Build and maintain a positive, productive engineering culture as the team scales.
- Mentored and develop engineering employees.
- Partner with a product to hit company goals.
- Grow the team by hiring the best engineers you can find
- Be a chief engineer. Make or delegate core architecture decisions.
- Represent engineering in the leadership team (and board meetings)
- Experimenting with and improving processes that allow us to move quickly and learn from our decisions.
- Communicating vision and challenges, both up and down the chain of command.
- You will make an indelible mark on the people, process, and execution
- 10+ years of experience within data engineering, data architecture, and modern data warehouse concepts
- Minimum of 5 years of technical leadership (software engineering - both front and back end) experience.
- Experience building and scaling a data organization, processes, and technology in a fast-moving environment.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies including AWS.
- Hands-on experience in backend and frontend development.
- Passionate about developing disruptive platforms that help improve people’s lives.
XAXIS IS THE OUTCOME MEDIA COMPANY.
Xaxis combines innovative AI technology, advanced omnichannel solutions, data-driven creativity, and worldwide programmatic expertise to transform digital media investments into real business outcomes. To learn more about us please visit: https://www.xaxis.com/about-us/
GroupM embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.Apply Now