Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director of Xaxis HK
3 best things about the job:
- Everyone plays a part in our success – We love to hear your voice always. You are not bounded by your main job duties but also encouraged to making new suggestions.
- Work with the pioneer in the digital media industry - Xaxis is a leading programmatic media company which combines proprietary technology, unique data assets and exclusive media relationships with the brightest team of audience analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
- It is innovative and dynamic. There are new things constantly evolving and developing, and we are never static. We believe in the power of digital media to transform the way businesses and consumers can interact.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the existing programmatic trading team on both local and regional campaigns from Hong Kong
- Manage the end to end campaign launch process from brief through to set up, and optimization to ensure report metrics are fully captured
- Strategize, enable Xaxis own A.I. tool and execute campaigns on DSPs and ensure optimal delivery and performance
- Analyse campaign data to develop insights and strategies for campaign optimization
- Ensure that the team members are aligned and operating in the same standardized manner and following all regional and global processes
- Share updates & case studies with internal teams as well as provide in-depth campaign insights and optimization recommendations for campaign improvement
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Monitor trends, and uncover and track innovative thinking and ideas from across the industry
- Roll out test and learn initiatives to drive learnings and better campaign performance
- Become a trusted advisor and expert within the programmatic trading field
- Take an active role in developing broader programmatic strategic recommendations and best practices that can be applied across the whole region
- Define & review appraisal goals for each programmatic trader in the team
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the programmatic landscape, be trained on the various Xaxis platforms and tools and have an understanding of how Xaxis operates
- Incorporate and recommend other aspects of the Xaxis business including audience planning and insights, Xaxis products and Xaxis Marketplace as part of the overall campaign strategy and execution
- Develop relationships and earn trust with Programmatic Trading teammates as well as regional programmatic trading team
In six months:
- Mentor, guide and provide advice to programmatic trading team both a day-to-day aspects as well as from a talent development perspective
- Become a trusted advisor and partner to local market teams
- Approach Trading from a strategic perspective – and also incorporate Test and learn initiatives and knowledge share with the wider trading team in all aspects of Programmatic Trading
In 12 months:
- Develop and identify gaps/processes/tools to improve campaign performance and efficiency
- Identify gaps and opportunities areas for your local markets and support them to maintain their edge and always stay ahead in the programmatic space within their local markets
- Develop your team and their talents - identify opportunity areas for them to grow
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 5+ years hands on experience and knowledge in programmatic advertising
- Deep understanding of DSPs/SSPs, RTB, ad exchanges, DMPs, audience targeting
- Experience in campaign implementation, optimization and reporting, experience with response driven/demand generation campaigns
- Experience in managing and dealing with multi-markets across APAC
- Understanding of the digital media ecosystem and technology including ad tagging and site analytics
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment - harvest vast amounts of information, news, data, and research and distil the most important/relevant information for your agency team and their clients.
- Speak and write in Cantonese is a must.
- Less experience candidates will be considered as Senior Programmatic Trading Manager.
Xaxis combines innovative AI technology, advanced omnichannel solutions, data-driven creative, and worldwide programmatic expertise to transform digital media investments into real business outcomes. For more information, visit https://www.xaxis.com/about-us
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.Apply Now