Global Practice Lead, Marketing Science
Location: London or Amsterdam
Are you a global individual contributor, ready to be our international SME on Marketing Science, and build a community of data champions focused on Data Science, Insights & Analytics solutions?
Have you worked in a global capacity in a large digital marketing company in a top data role? Maybe you are working at one of our large tech partners, or in ad-tech (eg MediaIQ, Quantcast). Relevant skills and experience may have been built at a performance marketing partner like Criteo or Dentsu. Or perhaps you are leading Media Mix Modelling or analytics at an agency. If this sounds like you, consider the below.
In this critical and influential role where you will provide leadership and strategic focus in defining and managing the development of Xaxis First Party Data infrastructure. We will afford you global responsibility for developing the Marketing Science practice capabilities and the management data and analytics projects for our largest global clients.
As our global leader, you will drive the strategy and roadmap for the data and technology infrastructure provided by internal and external providers. You will ensure that these drives significant value for brands while also being scalable across all global markets. The role will identify and prioritize new market opportunities and work with GroupM and Xaxis leadership and regional teams to convert those opportunities into significant innovation and revenue growth.
You will take a market-driven approach to data and A.I. solution development, positioning and launch of these and being accountable for the operational execution of our offerings in concert with regional Marketing Science leads. Working collaboratively across WPP and GroupM, this person will drive awareness and adoption of our Marketing Science practice.
- Overall responsibility for the successful execution of our Marketing Science offerings
- Ensuring that our Marketing Science practitioners have the skills and tools needed to drive client success
- Support our Global Client team to develop client-specific Marketing Science solutions and deliver award-winning innovation
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the operational success of our Marketing Science solutions
- Drive Solution awareness and adoption in collaboration with regional leads by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support
- Drive alignment and focus across teams (Marketing, Operations, Partnership, Copilot, Global and Regional Client teams, GroupM and WPP) to deliver success
- A strong leader and team player, able to work in a highly dynamic and demanding environment to effectively collaborate at all levels of the organization
- A strategic, data driven and performance focused leader.
- Experience leading data science/marketing analytics/consumer insights in a programmatic media company, ad serving platform, media agency, trading desk or relevant start-up.
- Experienced working with clients, consulting, partnering, and providing high performing outcome focused solutions
- Strong track record of crowdsourcing roadmap requirements, prioritization and updating business stakeholders of initiative status.
- Strong knowledge of the technical and statistical aspects of data engineering, analytics and data science, including knowledge of cloud computing and dashboarding tools.
- Understanding of digital/media/marketing data sources and metrics preferred: Digital (e.g. Web, Social, Display, Search. Programmatic, etc.); Media (e.g. buying models, Impressions, GRP); Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (ROI, Churn, etc.)
- Experience with Data Platforms, APIs and Cloud Computing Services like AWS/GCP.
- Experience in delivering cross-functional initiatives and demonstrated ability to maintain team focus to effectively overcome roadblocks and manage conflict.
- Experience in working across multiple markets is desirable.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Build a global Marketing Science vision and promote this both internally and externally.
- You motivate, inspire, coach our global data science community.
- Instil a collaborative and effective ‘one team’ ethos with the wider Xaxis, GroupM & WPP teams at local, regional, and global to deliver client growth.
- Be a strong advocate of our Xaxis values, leading by example, driving the team to show collaboration, innovation, and passion.
- Be a trusted partner with Xaxis’ global and local market stakeholders to identify opportunities for AI-centric ‘Custom Outcome’ and ‘First Party Data’ opportunities.
- Together with our Global commercial teams, establish a partnership with key agency data teams to encourage AI/Outcomes and First Party Data centric campaign planning.
- Evangelize our AI first approach to our people, the business, our clients & industry to cultivate growth and new business opportunities.
- Drive transformational change as the leader of collaborative, insight-led innovation to deliver data driven decision making across Xaxis.
- Own timely delivery of centrally provided Marketing Science services and facilitate regular stakeholder feedback on service offering, adapting priorities where required.
- Lead road mapping to enhance data led capabilities including automation, operational reporting and due diligence checks across the region to drive efficiency and quality whilst minimizing business risk.
- For any Marketing Science requirements, act as the bridge between Xaxis Global, Xaxis Regions, Choregraph and external technology vendors to ensure our needs are defined, prioritized and delivered in timely manner.
- Enable core markets to provide thought leadership and local innovation in Data Science, AI and utilization of external data sets allowing Xaxis to be the standout offer in delivering Outcomes.
- Together with the rest of the Global leadership team, continue to develop and scale activities to shape Marketing Science teams as centres of Innovation & Excellence.
Xaxis is the outcome media company. We make advertising more valuable for brands and their customers.
Combining innovative AI technology, advanced omnichannel solutions, data-driven creative, and worldwide programmatic expertise, we transform digital media investments into real business outcomes. Founded in 2011, Xaxis is GroupM’s outcome media specialist, serving more than 3,000 brands in 48 markets around the world. Find out more at www.xaxis.com. Xaxis is part of WPP.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.