In This Episode, We Discuss:
- Brilliant creative drives emotion.
- Great creative works in any channel, including programmatic.
- Real-world examples show what great creative executions can do with cutting edge technologies.
- Integrating the work of creatives, strategists, technologists, and data scientists makes everyone’s work more effective.
- It can be complex to execute creative strategies in digital. But sometimes it’s rather simple.
- Optimizing creative and targeting drives real ROI.
“Brilliant creative,” Frohlich says, “pushes cultural boundaries… drives true emotion,” stirs and motivates people. And that’s true in any advertising channel, digital, programmatic, or traditional. That’s also true across digital channels like Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube — and for Digital Out of Home (DOOH) billboards.
“We've forgotten the power of creative to drive outcomes.”
― NICOLAS BIDON, CEO, XAXIS
Frohlich gives real-world examples of creative executions that used ground-breaking technologies and were met with enthusiasm and accolades. He gives pointers on how creative agencies like the one he leads can work with programmatic advertising experts to make campaigns more effective for all. He and Bidon say how they can bring massive technological innovations, like dynamic creative optimization (DCO), to the mix.
“Brilliant creative can literally move people. It can move society.”
― MICHAEL FROHLICH, CEO, OGILVY U.K.
Creative, like data, targeting, and technology, are key ingredients with the power to drive outcomes for marketers, Bidon says. Ultimately, he and Frohlich agree, it’s all a little bit “like magic.”
But it’s also real: The combination of great creative that’s optimized along with the right targeting to the right person on the right device at the right time drives real ROI.
“Data scientists are from Mars and creatives are from Venus.”
―NICOLAS BIDON (discussing how each side sees the world)